Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Pete, I have a Mercedes C240 Year 1998. I did not use that

Customer Question

HI Pete,
I am Enko.I have a Mercedes C240 Year 1998. I did not use that for long time o the battery was empty.I took off a battery of the car for recharge.After more 48 hours I put it back but my key is not working and I can not start a car.
Could you help mr to start this car?
Regards,
Enko
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Hi Enko, Scott here,
Firstly you'll need to make sure the battery is actually serviceable & up to charge. You'll need a multimeter to measure battery voltage - you should see approximately 12.8 volts.
Most battery chargers are set to cut out once a certain impedance is met, regardless of the actual charge of the battery..
I hope this helps!
Cheers..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Scott
I PUT BRAND NEW BATTERY AND STILL THE SAME-I CAN NOT TURN THE KEY.
Regards
Enko
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Enko,
Apologies, I've misread this as 'the car will not start', while it appears you have a physical problem with the ignition barrel. Try grasping the steering wheel with your left hand & applying moderate force back & forth while trying to turn the key - the steering lock pin may be jammed, stopping it's disengagement & allowing you to turn the key..
Let me know how you go..
Cheers
Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Scott
I've tried what you suggested to me but still the same.
This correspondence took to much my time. and i am still not satisfied.
regards
enko
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Hi Enko,
Sorry mate It can be difficult to establish communication sometimes remotely, I'll opt out & leave the question open for other experts..
Best of luck..

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
why don't you back me my money?you did not solve my car problem but you have took money for that.