Scott
Scott, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 yrs experience with Aussie, Japanese & British cars
29644491

I have a A200 2005 169 mercedes elegance and have replaced

Customer Question

i have a A200 2005 169 mercedes elegance and have replaced the front boot that sits over the shock as the old one was rattling like crazy and falling to bits but when i tested on the road after replacing it with the new part mb A 169323019228 it still made the same noise is there some sort of glue applied to the shock shaft to stop the boot from going up and down?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
There's a few possible permutations for the A series front shock boots, ie no boot at all, a concertina type flexible one, or a semi rigid sleeve, depending on who's been before & the series of car, which I cant decode from your thorough information..
I'll assume yours is the sleeve, as the first two cannot contribute to noise. It should be secured over a ridge or cutout on the shaft just below the lower top shaft mount, with the sleeve straddling the body of the shock, ie it's fixed mechanically to the shaft in normal operation.
Can I ask, are you certain its the source of the front end noise?
Cheers
Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
problem solved please don't charge my cc any more.
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
You'll have to contact the administrators of the site re finances. The experts here are all third party contractors..
Cheers
Scott