Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My 2012 diesel auto x-trail has a terrible throttle delay

Customer Question

my 2012 diesel auto x-trail has a terrible throttle delay from a standing start when you want to excellarate fast.it has about a 1.5 to 2 second delay then takes off and spins the tyres.it is as if it has massive turbo lag?if I hold my foot on the brake and bring the revs up aproxiamtely 300 rpm it takes off fine.this can be a dangerous problem in some situations.
is it a problem with the electronic throttle adjustment or the diesel pump??
is there a fix for this problem please?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be a fault with the electronic accelerator pedal sensor as some of these sensors can fail and usually the pedal assembly needs replaced or possibly an issue with a lack of air or fuel when the throttle is applied.

I would have the pedal sensor signal checked with a computer/scan tool to see if it needs replaced as well as the air inlet and fuel systems tested for any issues needing corrected.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete