Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

2009 xf touch screen is only showing the emblem cutting in

Customer Question

2009 xf touch screen is only showing the emblem cutting in and out no radio or backing sensors the dealers cant find anything wrong plugged into there computers they claim the computer was out of date and upgraded it it worked for a week and then went back to fading in and out with no radio etc they tried rebooting by disconnecting the negative battery terminal nothing changed
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok it sounds like they have already tried reprogramming the screen. Since it is not functioning it can be any of the modules on the fiber optic ring. I would first check the modules under the driver seat as sometimes water will leak into the vehicle and get into these modules. The phone module, portable audio module and sat radio module are all bolted to the floor under the seat. That is where I would start. We also need to check the amp and NAV modules in the trunk. Let me know.