Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

ToyotaTom, We have a 2004 Toyota Corolla that my dad changed

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ToyotaTom, I'm Lizzie. We have a 2004 Toyota Corolla that my dad changed the battery on yesterday, with resultant loss of pre-programmed radio stations and clock time (fine, no worries we can reset). However today the electronic keyless lock/unlock button on the keyring is not working. Could these be related, and if so, how do we fix the lock/unlock button? Thanks,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have no other details than what I just typed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I can wait indefinitely
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases if the remote dose not work after replacing the battery its usually because they have lost there programming and unfortunately you are going to need to have them reprogrammed and this requires a dealer scan tool. They can also provide you with the radio code as well. Unless you have access to the scan tool you can not do the programming.