Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

I have jackaroo 4JXI diesel in water no where else and i

Customer Question

I have jackaroo 4JXI diesel in water no where else and i have just changed the oil and filters including the fuel filter and it won't start.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
The 'fuel in coolant' is indicating bad injector seals, which may be due to failed seals or a cracked head. It's important that a 5W30 synthetic is used & that the filter bases (primary & secondary) are meticulously cleaned around the bases before removal. Any ingress of dirt may result in a failed oil pressure sensor valve & no start. The engine uses high oil pressure to power the fuel injectors & is a known issue.
Subaru (& Holden) did a recall at one point to change a batch of faulty injectors.
Youll probably need an Isuzu specialist on board. It's fairly unique tech..
I hope this points you in the right direction..
Best of luck,
Scott