Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 2006 Mitsubishi challenger - Australia so the 3.0l

Customer Question

i have a 2006 Mitsubishi challenger - Australia so the 3.0l v6 petrol. I get a noise coming from the front end seems centre that only occurs above 30km/h and seems to go away at around 90km/h. it is there in both 2wd and 4wd and the sound doesn't change with speed or acceleration. it sounds like hollow metal rubbing. 2 mechanics haven't been able to find the cause, have had front wheel bearing replaced and cv's inspected.
cheers
Brett
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, take it for a test drive and when you hear the noise, put it in neutral and see if the noise immediately disappears on remains. Let me know the results and we will go from there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric,noise remains when in neutral.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Sorry for the delay, had a family emergency to deal with

Have the front propeller shaft ujoints been checked at the transfer case? If not, should be checked for any play in it or in the yoke at the transfer case.