Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Have a nissen d22 duel cab manual 2004. Had clutch kit

Customer Question

Have a nissen d22 duel cab manual 2004. Had clutch kit installed last year. Also new clutch master and slave cylinders.Vehicle has only done 12,000 km. since. Now when vehicle gets hot and at rest engageing first gear can be near impossible and other gears are very simular. If I switch the motor off, the gear stick can be moved into any gear without any problem Do you have an answer. Thank you. Charlie
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Charlie,

Start first with making sure the clutch master cylinder is full and there are no leaks. If the master checks to be full and you are able to shift the transmission easily with the engine turned off then that in most cases means the clutch is not fully disengaging which can be due to air in the system or the new clutch is defective . One thing you should try first is to have the system bled to make sure there is no air in the system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron. Having mechanic do inspection tomorrow of the above. Will let you know the outcome should you wish.
Thanks Charlie
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay, Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Charlie here. (Nissen cluth question)
Have had the master cylinder drained and flushed,refilled and bled.
As of now appears ok.
Will do a long trip over xmas holiday time and see how it goes.
Many thanks