Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My mitsubishi pajeri iO 1999 - the transfer leaver is stuck,

Customer Question

My mitsubishi pajeri iO 1999 - the transfer leaver is stuck, I believe it is in 4H as only the 2 green front wheels are lit up on the dash
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If a pin has come loose or even a bolt or retainer for the shift lever itself this can cause the shifter itself to hang up like this here in some cases.You would have to remove the boot as best as possible to inspect for any loose or bent pins or any damaged linkage needing repaired or replaced.You will also want to check on the outside of the vehicle where the linkage comes through to see if anything is found to be loose or damaged in any way needing repaired or replaced.

If all is found and appears to be o.k. then the fault is usually in the transfer case itself as I have seen the shift fork itself become damaged needing repaired or replaced to correct this type of fault here before.I have seen other internal components in the transfer case as well needing repaired or replaced but this would require a transfer case repair facility or transmission/gear box repair facility to inspect for the fault and repair it from there unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete