sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 1998 range rover that has had the battery removed

Customer Question

I have a 1998 range rover that has had the battery removed for some time while a head gasket was replaced.
Now the battery is replaced and the engine running again I cannot get the side mirrors or the power windows to operate.
The readout on the dash says windows need reset,but the reset procedure is to power the windows up and down once.
This I cannot do as the windows will not activate.
I have tried pushing the remote button and locking the door together ,also removing the battery terminals and shorting them out to drain the computers of current all to no avail.
Car drives fine but no windows or mirror operation.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a body controller or door module issue, it could be the switch itself, or it could just be a blown fuse.

Do you have a scan tool that will communicate with the body controller to see what fault codes are setting and check switch inputs?