sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a toyota aurion sportivo sx6 2006 mode. Been having

Customer Question

Hi I have a toyota aurion sportivo sx6 2006 mode. Been having some issues with the vsc light coming on. Put it on the scanner and tcm lost communication comes up. Replaced tcm but didnt solve problem so we replaced transmission same issue. So took it to
toyota told me it was the wiring harness replaced that and still the same. Car is going into limp mode and not changing gears. No cant seem to figure out the problem. Also before changing transmission have changed ecu and abs module
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the TCM is the only thing not communicating then possible causes would be the TCM, a loss of power or ground to it or a communication bus issue only involving the TCM. A bus issue affecting only the TCM would have to be wiring, and if fuses are good then a loss of power would have to be a wiring issue, as would a loss of ground.

Is communication possible with all other modules?