Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Hows it going. I got a Problem with my nissan xtrail 2007

Customer Question

Hey hows it going. I got a Problem with my nissan xtrail 2007 t30. After driving for a while the transmission seems to fail. Even in cruise control it lunges forward then goes back a gear and lunges forward again. I had the Sparks checked yesterday and they had a Diagnostic tool hooked onto the car but didnt find whats causing it. They said it might be the injectors or the fuel pressure. You got any idea what could be wrong with it. Also when i stop driving after having that Problem the whole engine kinda shakes AS if shes Huntington.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

It is possible that one or more of the fuel injectors isnt allowing enough fuel intermittently into a cylinder or is allowing to much fuel into the engine.If the engine shakes when at idle this usually indicates an engine misfire and an injector acting up will cause this fault here.If they suspect a fuel injector issue the injectors will need tested and either the fault injector replaced or cleaned to correct this issue.

The fuel pressure also needs tested to see if low fuel pressure is found when the fault occurs.If low fuel pressure is found this can be a fault with the fuel pump intermittently acting up needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete