Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Citroen C-3 Pluriel 1.6 sensodrive 2004, 63,000 kms The gear

Customer Question

Citroen C-3 Pluriel 1.6 sensodrive 2004, 63,000 kms
The gear stick does not seem to operate
Auto switch ok
Now to get in N I start the engine, then need push to reverse
Forward gear with paddles works ok
Many wild suggestions. Before I do /spend anythung : is there an expert anywhere?
My local garage connected his analytic tool and suggested I buy a 'break-switch', but does not sound to sure to me .
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here if this hasnt been done already is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool for this model here.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed and repaired to correct this fault here.The brake switch can be a common component to fail and cause issues here with shifting.If the brake switch is not working it will keep the transmission from shifting properly or shifting in and out of gear properly.I would have the brake switch tested and the fault codes checked to see if any faults are found.If these are found o.k. this may be a transmission range/position sensor at fault needing replaced to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much Pete !I realised later that in the USA this car may not be common, so I really appreciate your reaction.Citroen dealers both in Europe and here in Oz do not have the best reputation, mainly 'digging peoples pocket'.Common garages do not know how to deal with these cars in more specialist cases, such as the quirky senso drive.I will investigate if I can get the analytic/diagnostic tool myself, there seems to be a chinese copy for a reasonable price.
Maybe worth it as I want to keep this car for a long time.Also the dvd s of the workshop manual if i can get it. Do you have access to that ?In the short term I will get the fault codes and come back to you OK ?Thanks again andCheers,Jonin Perth Western Australia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I dont have access to the work shop manual for this here myself.If you can get the codes and post them here this will help.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll get the codes PeteWhat is your experience with this car ?Guess there are not many of these around where ou are ?Cheers Jon
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I dont have allot of experience myself on this particular model here but can help with some things I saw that no one had responded and thought I would see if I could help in any way with this here.

Thanks Pete