Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Have a 2004 C3 pluriel Boot and screen all locked properly

Customer Question

Hi
Have a 2004 C3 pluriel
Boot and screen all locked properly but roof not sliding back
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roof is currently open all the way back but will not close
The dial beeps three times
It can not be budged manually either
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases one or more micro switch/sensors can fail and cause issues with one of the sensors sending a false signal on what position the roof is in and causes this here.It will keep the roof from operating as the computer sees an issue with its electronics.What needs to be done here is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set and then from there the codes diagnosed to locate and repair the fault.This will have to be done using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.The data can also be checked to see which sensors are sending the correct or incorrect signals to help locate which one is the cause needing replaced.This is also checked with a scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete