Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have 2007 Nissan Navara 2.5 diesel 2WD. with over charge

Customer Question

Hi there : I have 2007 Nissan Navara 2.5 diesel 2WD. with over charge +15 volt , meter fuse 15 amps in engine bay keep blown after using the vehicle for few days ,after I replaced this fuse the alternator charge back to normal +14 volt . Can you tell me what is the reason for that .Thanks
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Without looking at the schematics, I believe that this is going to be a faulty ecm which controls voltage thru the field generator circuit wire, but would need the vin number to pull the schematics to confirm this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric : you mean the main ECM or you mean body control unit , in auto data schematics the charging system in this car connect to malfunction control module 2 ( x28-1) so you mean this on or the main ECM. The vin number is ***** ,engine number YD25DDTI -897436 , engine out put 106 KW. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I checked and dont have the wiring diagrams for this one so I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help out. Usually it is the ecm that controls the field generator circuit