Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Hope you can help I have a 2009 forrester the air condition

Customer Question

Hi Kevin
Hope you can help I
have a 2009 forrester the air condition is not working as designed. the air is cold when turned right down but at normal operation it blows warm air
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine why the AC blow warm air the first thing that you are going to need to do is to install a set of AC pressure gauges and read the system pressure, normal pressure on a full system needs to be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and right at 200 to 225 PSI on the high side. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pressures are OK 38/219
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Is you air mix actuator working as it should?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't know if this is worth the money. can't keep going back and forward to carry out one test at a time. this way will cost me a fortune. please list thing to test as well as air mix actuator and probably causes Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Start with checking the air mix door. You not charged anything unless you rate the service which you have not done. See the test steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Air%20mix%20acruator%20Nov%2012.pdf