Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have just fitted a 2001 2.5 ltr carnival motor into a 2003

Customer Question

I have just fitted a 2001
2.5 ltr carnival motor into a 2003 model which previously had a 2.7 ltr motor in it .
The engine will crank it has spark and fuel but wont fire . dose the computer have to be changed or anything like that to suit the new engine .
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The ECM(engine control module) is slightly different in connector pinouts between the 2, so you do need to replace the ECM with one from a 2001 2.5L and it will need some programming as your antitheft also goes thru it and if the VIN number programmed into the ECM doesnt match, it wont work. So this needs to be programmed into it with scan tool

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks