Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a Toyota ace van 2003 diesel and my radiator light

Customer Question

Hi I have a Toyota hiace van 2003 diesel and my radiator light keeps coming on do checked coolant it's fine and stupidly took radiator cap off before I realised I wasn't supposed to, so topped up coolant put lid back on radiator and for the life of me can't find the overflow to check/fill? Also drove it 2 mins and can smell def burning rubber sort of smell ? Pleaseee help ! Thankyou :)
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

If any of the coolant that came out when you removed the cap stayed on the engine or exhaust, it can create a smell. Also, if the drive belt got wet, it can slip some when first running until the coolant dries off, which can cause a burnt rubber smell.

If none of this happened, then the hoses need to be checked for being spongy from overheating and giving off the burnt rubber smell