Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My Nissan X Trail rear night lights are not working. Thought

Customer Question

Hello, My Nissan X Trail rear night lights are not working. Thought I had blown the fuse with incorrectly wired trailer lights, but all the fuses I could find seem OK. Could not find a fuse labelled tail lights - stop light is OK. Any ideas please,
Thanks,
David.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this issue only occurred after wiring in trailer lights make sure the wiring is all connected properly and that no wiring or components were damaged in any way causing this issue here.If this is checked and all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. The trailer light wireing is now OK as we used it on a different car and the all the trailer lights worked.
However we did have to change one connection, which possibly was the one that stopped my Nissan X-Trail rear night lights (not the stop/brake lights which are OK). Thought it must be a blown fuse but could not find one.
The car is here in NZ but the web-page did not let me scroll down the country list as far as NZ so I put in Australia.
The car has two fuse boxes, but the one under the bonnett does not seem to have any fuses to do with lights.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I don't have the fuse diagrams on this here myself to tell you which fuses are for what on this model so I would check and see if all fuses are o.k. To see if any are found to be an issue here possibly.

If no fuses are found to be at fault this may be an issue with a control module that controls these lights that may have burned out or become damaged internally needing replaced.I have seen this occur before on some models.

The fault codes would need checked in all computers to see if this is the case here and then repaired from there.Any lamp control unit or similar would need to have the signals tested from it to see if any issues are found with the module itself needing replaced.

Thanks Pete