Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My kia Rio sport seems to be like missing even in idle an

Customer Question

My kia Rio sport seems to be like missing even in idle an going around corners plz help?
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel filter has been. changed an air filter an spark plugs an leads
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

If the check engine light has come on with this issue here the first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool that will plug into your vehicle and that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

If this feels like an engine misfire with this fault here and the spark plug and leads have been replaced make sure all spark plugs are o.k. and that one isn't wet with fuel.If one is found wet with fuel this can be an issue with a coil failure needing replaced.

If all are dry and look to be firing properly I would then have the fuel injectors tested to see if one or more are at fault needing cleaned or replaced to correct this fault as this can be a common cause and if these are o.k. a cylinder compression test needs done to see if one or more cylinders are found to be low on compression.I have seen cylinder head valve issues cause this with the cylinder head needing removed and the valve replaced in some cases on the affected cylinder as well as piston ring or cylinder wall wear cause this issue here.If there is low compression these will need checked into to locate which is the cause and repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.