rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I removed the disributor out of my 96 asia rocstar. It has a

Customer Question

I removed the disributor out of my 96 asia rocstar. It has a shaft and spline. Now the timing is out, how do i rectify this step by step? Cheers Jonna
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.

I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a "positive rating" in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why "in advance", so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

OK, you need to pull out number one spark plug and bump the key around lightly until you hit TDC on the timing marks and you see the compression gauge show compression. This will allow you to replace the distributor in the number 1 position for the rotor.

Thanks, Ron