Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

01 transit 90 7350 australia, van stop now will not retart,

Customer Question

01 transit 90 7350 australia , van stop now will not retart, auto warning light is on and i get clicking sound when ignition turned to start position but starter motor does not turn, seems to be another sound like gears are trying to change, fliud levels checked and ok, fusus pullled out and checked.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you haven't tested the battery/batteries I would start here and make sure this isn't a low voltage issue causing this fault.Low voltage will cause various system malfunctions like this here.I would check and make sure the alternator/generator is charging properly as well as the battery cables being clean and tight at the battery as well as to where they run and connect to.

If all of these are found to be o.k. I would have the electronic ignition switch tested to see if there is a fault with this switch with it needing replaced as it can be a common component to fail like this as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.