Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My r30 xtrail had a head. I replaced it and it runs but now

Customer Question

my r30 xtrail had a blown head. I replaced it and it runs but now it wont go into gear. The problem seems to be with the 4x4 gear selector. Is the 4x4 selector vacume hose driven or electrical. I think i may have put something together wrong or missed somethig reassembling the car and i c dont c know where to start
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

If you still need help, I need to get the vin number for your vehicle, as well as given a brief description of what you removed to do the headgaskets. Not being there to see what was removed, it helps to know what you did remove for this job.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have the vin because im c at work. Its a nissan x trail t30. An automatic 2.5l. I removed the engine and left the gearbox attached to the block and changed the head. The motor runs but it wont go into gear. The 4x4 geatbox is not engaging into gear. I know the problem is there because it rolls when in park. Im not sure i have all the vacume hoses attached correctly òr if they have anything to do with engaging 4x4. Can i put the 4x4 gearbox in gear manually so i can drive it to mechanic
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, when you get home to post the vin number, please do so that I can pull the vacuum diagrams.