Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2013 MV Augusta F3 675 and has poor fueling right

Customer Question

I have a 2013 MV Augusta F3 675 and has poor fueling right from new ,it hunts and surges around 2,000- 4,000rpm making it difficult to ride in traffic, we put it on a dyno and it is running to rich right through the whole rpm range , and when you snap open the throttle quickly on the dyno the butterflies don't respond fast enough and open in steps then don't open fully until 9,000 rpm causing poor acceleration out of corners , does anyone have experience with these bikes ? thanks Lance
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you haven't checked for any vacuum leaks I would see if any leaks are found.If a vacuum leak is found the leak will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is o.k. or was already checked let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have not checked for any intake manifold air leaks ,do these bikes have air adjustment idle screws ? , the dealer has updated the bike with the latest map which improved it a little , but still not right , and something not right with the fly-by-wire throttle as it does not respond fast thanks lance
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I don't know for sure if there are any adjustments for the air flow.If there is any issues with the throttle response this may be causes by a fault with the throttle switch control possibly.My info is limited on this here and if you want I can open your question up for others to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok as you cannot help you better open my question up to others thanks lance
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete