Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a toyota tarago 1990 gli tcr 10 2.4 ltr manual and it

Customer Question

I have a toyota tarago 1990 gli tcr 10 2.4 ltr manual and it is randomly loosing power and sounds like it is chocking or miss firing and no one seems to be able to find the problem?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

There are a couple of common issues that come to mind with this fault here.First a lack of fuel to the engine due to a restriction in the fuel tank or a weak fuel pump/injection pump.The pump may act up intermittently causing this here.First I would have the fuel system tested to see if a pump issue is found to be at fault.If a fault is found it will need replaced.This will usually need tested when the vehicle is acting up to get an accurate diagnosis.

If this is found to be o.k. I would have the exhaust checked/tested for any restrictions needing repaired with any exhaust component bent needing repaired or any plugged internally needing replaced.These are the most common causes for this fault here needing checked into.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.