Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Got a 2008 Hyundai Tucson, that has had it's engine light on

Customer Question

Got a 2008 Hyundai Tucson, that has had it's engine light on for so long and a local Hyundai service centre would not identify the exact problems. Initially they said they ran a scan and reportedly identified that there was carbon build up in the throttle body, cleaned it up and the light turned up again as soon as the car left the service centre. Sent it back and they said after running a scan the O2 sensor needed replacing and at he same time the car has an issue with sudden deceleration and does not respond to acceleration for some time which they service centre said it may be that there is a fuel cut off in the pipe but not 100% sure and needed to be paid per hour of investigation but nothing had resulted after leaving them with the car for 2 days. So l don't know what is wrong with the car. Before the carbon clean up the car would be raving on its own whilst stationary and evidently a rise and fall in the rpm. Any idea of what could be happening that the technicians cannot see
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The check engine light comes on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to try and help you get this problem resolved I need to know the actual fault code and or codes your getting when it was scanned. Post back with this information and we can work from there.