Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

I have a 2011 Captiva 7 LX Diesel - I've a fuse today due to

Customer Question

Hi - I have a 2011 Captiva 7 LX Diesel - I've blown a fuse today due to a wiring fault on a trailer. Fault was on the brake light circuit. Instrument panel flickering various yellow indicators including the trailer power connection and all very sick. Car won't start. Can you help me identify which fuse is likely to have blown?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

I would check all the fuses in the interior fuse compartment, and the engine compartment.

The fault has probably blown a BCM fuse and hence the no start condition.

There are many fuses for the BCM, each of which has multiple functions.

Unfortunately I cannot access the wiring until Monday, due to system outage.

Gary (HoldenTech)

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Here is the interior fuse block.

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gary
I have checked all the fuses in interior fuse box and in the engine compartment fuse block and still have no joy.No blown fuses found. Even checked them with multi meter in addition to visual check. When I turn the ignition key on, the instrument panel indicators variously flicker and then go out. The holden logo comes up on the main LCD display panel (just like when after the car is first started) for a few seconds and then goes out. For a short time after this (about 10 secs ) the remote door locking doesn't work, and then after this the remote door locks work and I can get the car locked.When unlocking the car with remote control the indicators flash as per normal. Looks like this is getting tricky and is going to need a more specialist technician unless you have any other bright ideas.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I have seen this sort of fault which either ends up being the interior fusebox, or the BCM (Body control module) which is behind the radio, A/C controls.

A 2011 Captiva needs GDS2 as the scan tool for a DTC check, which will then reveal where to start.

My advice to you is to take it to a Holden dealer, don't waste money at an auto electrician.

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Holden dealer next stop. Will be Tuesday now as Monday a public holiday here. Thanks for your time. Though problem is not resolved.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Another little bit of info.

If you car has an electric parkbrake, the module is mounted near the LHR jacking point, some mistake this area and end up damaged the module and/or wiring.

Then there is a no-start condition, because the HSLAN is down.

Hope you can get your car fixed, I can get generally get a answer within 30 min average, but I'm not with you.

Kind regards

Gary