Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My 2005 xc90 2.5t is leaking oil,appears to be from cam

Customer Question

hi,my 2005 xc90 2.5t is leaking oil,appears to be from cam seals.car has 150k km.I believe the psv system is blocked,my mechanic thinks it need a rebuild,what do you think?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your Mechanic may be correct and rebuilding it would depend on how much oil the engine is burning. I would start first with making sure the PCV system is operating correctly and not allowing excessive pressure to build in the engine . If it checks okay then have the seals replaced and see if your oil consumption goes down. I would try this before even considering a complete overhaul.