Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

After 5 minuets of driving my 626GF the taco needle starts

Customer Question

After 5 minuets of driving my 626GF the taco needle starts to jump from 2500 rpm to2600 continuously only when I'm coasting at approx 60 Klm/ h and in OD. It does not happen with higher revs or when trans is engaged in hold. I have replaced the tps and checked temp sensor and replaced coolant but problem persists. What is solution ?
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Other symtoms are the cruise control does not hold the exact speed set. It seems to loose speed approx 5 k/ h before it adds throttle or it can do the opposite and speed up past selected speed set
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

This is normally due to a faulty IAC( idle air control) valve, located on the throttle body near the TP sensor. Sometimes you can clean it and it will be fine, but most of the time you wind up having to replace it