Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My ba xr6 won't start after I changed the radio

Customer Question

Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.I need a little more info to assist better.

Is the theft warning light on steady on the dash or flashing at all when you turn on the key or try and start the engine and just release (let go of the key) when it won't start?

If it is this sounds like the theft system needs relearned.In some cases the computer can cause the vehicle to go into theft mode keeping the immobilizer from starting the vehicle and this will need reprogrammed by a dealer or authorized repair center to correct this here.I have actually seen this occur several times before when a component is replaced like this here.Also double check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels as this can cause an issue if a fuse is blown needing replaced.

If all of these are found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.