Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My 98 Prado had been down 4 years now... it could not start

Customer Question

hello there, my 98 Prado had been down for about 4 years now... it could not start - replaced all sensors, re-placed a new timing kit, changed the key and barrel (old key lost), tried a different ECU, .... starts up, but cuts off at 2500rpm with throttle paddle depressed.... please help me
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope I get some meaning full answer before you deduct my credit card.... this is the same vehicle issue I asked your team to assist in 2013 - but have not get a response about the vehicle at all..... hereby come to you again... so please do not deduct my account until you people give me assistance.....
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Some models are equipped with a crank position sensor and if this sensor has not been replaced this sensor can send a false engine rpm signal or lose the signal causing the stall out here.If this has not been replaced I suspect this is the cause here.

If this was replaced or if it is not equipped on this model this may be an issue with a lack of fuel due to a weak fuel pump.If the fuel system has not been tested this needs done to see if fuel is the cause here with the fuel pump needing replaced.If this was already replaced or checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Pete, Thank you - appreciate your feed back...
The fuel/fuel pump initially started all the problems.... I am sure it was checked - I will check it again and come back to you.and yes.. we did check and replace all sensors including the crank position sensor as well as the throttle position sensorwill stay in touchThank you again
Jackie
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.let me know what you come up with here when you re check the fuel pump.

Thanks Pete