Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Daewoo leganza remote will not work changed battery, have

Customer Question

daewoo leganza remote will not work
changed battery , have two keys one works
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like the first set or remote is faulty,this is common unfortunately as the electronics tend to fail in it either over time or due to damage or moisture.It can fail on its own suddenly with no issues or faults occuring to the remote.

Unfortunately when this occurs the remote has to be replaced with a new one and then programmed to your vehicle.The remote usually needs to be ordered in and obtained from a dealer as well as programmed by them to work on your model here.In allot of cases a used remote may not work as it may already be locked to a different vehicle as some models you are unable to program them to another model.

I would contact the nearest dealer or nearest authorized repair center for your model to see if they can obtain and program a new one for you to correct this here.

One thing you might try is to hold the lock and unlock buttons down on the remote for about 15 seconds standing next to the vehicle to see if the inoperative remote starts to work then.In some cases this will work.If it does not then it needs replaced in most cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.