Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

When the battery on our renault T19 Bacarra was changer the

Customer Question

When the battery on our renault T19 Bacarra was changer the red light on steering wheel came on to indicate that the airbag was no longer able to work if required. We are not sure if we have to replace a battery or if it is part of the electricals.What
should we do.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this only occurred after the battery was changed out this may be a code that has set in the air bag computer or another computer for low voltage needing cleared out with either a scan tool or dealers computer to correct this here.It may also indicate there is a fault set for one of the electronics in the vehicle that needs diagnosed and repaired.

What needs done is to have either a scan tool connected to your vehicle or dealers scan tool/computer to first read out the fault codes to see if there is an electronic issue needing resolved or to clear out the fault codes to see if this corrects the fault here.This is the first step that needs done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, thank U for that. Will try to get electronic test done by another Renault dealer and will let U know.Thanking U ....Bob
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome Bob.Let me know if you need anything else here and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete