Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

Roman I'm getting code 01316 I've read where you did help

Customer Question

Hello Roman I'm getting code 01316 I've read where you did help another chap with the same code on an allroad so I went and checked mvb 125 and I'm getting engine =trans jumpig between 0-1 not a solid 1 and throws a abs code then the lights come on the dash and no abs this only happens when the car warms up when it cold , first start of the day it's all good but as soon as you stop and restart and get moving the lights come on but only on hot days if the weather is cooler it does not do it so much , so I'm thinking a lose wire ?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

as its effected by temperature then yes I'd agree a poor connection or a faulty sensor may be to blame as things can expand as they warm up and push apart

However with ABS systems 99% of the time its a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors and I'd first check the connections at all four corners first for any signs of corrosion or chafed wiring.

The sensor is located in the wheel hub so you'll have to remove each wheel in turn to inspect them all.

Also check that the toothed wheel that the sensor points to is clean and free of any debris.

you can check each sensor's function by plugging the two output wires into an AC voltmeter and spinning the wheel quite quickly, you should get a voltage signal that increases with rev's.

Its possible that the fault is only a bad connection to one of the wheel sensors.

This may be remedied by removing each wheel in turn and unplugging each sensor and cleaning the contacts with a squirt of electrical contact cleaner. Then refitting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not getting any codes relating to wheel sensors they exist only in the level control module and abs module ? These are the two codes that keep coming back 01316 and 01435
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

01316 = lack of communication with the ABS module so check for damaged wiring between the ABS control unit / pump module as the 1st step, also disconnect the abs unit and inspect the connector for corroded / damaged pins

01435 = brake pressure sensor issue, this sensor is built into the ABS module unfortunatly and so there's no replacing of just the sensor the whole unit has to be replaced unfortunatly

so check the wiring 1st but its quite possible that the whole unit is going to need replacing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both abs module and esp computer have been replaced I'm in Australia they don't get corrosion here all things that you have sugested I've done allready I really wanted a Audi mechanic
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Ok

in that case I'll opt out and open the question up to other experts

don't reply to this post otherwise it'll lock back to me

good luck