Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 2005 Ford Territory. The stop lights and cruise

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Ford Territory. The stop lights and cruise control stopped working, but the top led brake light continued working. I replaced the brake light switch and that fixed the problem until the next day. I replaced the cruise control brake pedal switch and once again everything worked. The next day the same problem occurred. Fuses are OK. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, check the resistance at both switches and let me know which one doesnt have any and we will need to pull the schematics for that one and start checking for shorts that are taking the switch out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric
The resistance (to earth with both switches unplugged) for each switch is
Brake switch 4.16K Ohms
6.87K Ohms
Cruise Control switch 4.14K Ohms
1.695K Ohms
I also noticed that the LED stoplight at the top of the rear window while working when brakes are applied has 6 of the 10 LEDs on at half brightness at all times when brakes are not applied.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok switches are still good, so we have an issue elsewhere. Ok, not sure I have them, but if you can post the vin number I will check to see if I have the wiring schematics for the lighting and cruise control circuits

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric
The VIN Number is *****
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I have do not have the diagrams so I will opt out and see if another expert does

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have opted out without giving any answer. I want my $39 back.