Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  own shop 25yrs
14541291

Need timing marks Hyundai G4DJ SOHC engine When I bolt the

Customer Question

Need timing marks for a Hyundai G4DJ SOHC engine When I bolt the Fan belt wheel back on it is not aligned to TDC marks on engine and I am sure I did not move lower pin in Balance wheel? Engine start OK but under load seems to be retarded and think I may not have lined up Camshaft marks correctly. 1991-94 X2 GLS Hyundai model.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.

Click HERE for info.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you resend information to a new email address please***@******.*** . My work internet restrictions do not allow me to access your reply and therefore I can not see your response. Thank You. I have amended my account details on your site. Regards
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got the PDF thanks. This is the same as what I have. I suspect the Camshaft itself may be out of alignment but the only marks I have are the same as figure 3 of your PDF. Are there any other marks for the Top Camshaft alignment I need to be aware of.The hole is central as per PDF and the Markes align. It is the Fan Belt Pully that bolts onto the bottom Crankshaft that is not aligning up with TDC when I turn the motor over and use a timing light. Even movin the distributor around does not align to TDC or 10 degrees off. The Crankcase sprocket has a location pin that it aligns to could this pin have been placed into the sprocket incorrectly. I do not remember moving it but it is the only thing apart from the Camshaft aignment I can think of that may need to be moved. The PDF was exactly what I had. - Sorry need better guidence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You referred me to another mechanic on 16th. It is now21st and no contact. Thinking money back time? The
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

the cam pin will only go in one place.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed1iwlsqtmdve26/1991hyungls2.pdf?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/ed1iwlsqtmdve26/1991hyungls2.pdf?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help