Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Just got an audi r8 2008 v8 and sports button does to turn

Customer Question

Just got an audi r8 2008 v8 and sports button does to turn on at all - when you push it nothing happens. Just wondering what can be the cause?
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be a fuse?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be a fault with the button/switch itself as I have seen these fail before needing replaced or possibly even a fault with a code that has set for a transmission component fault that is preventing the sports mode.I would have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle here and if any codes are set they will need diagnosed and repaired.If no codes are set the switch will need checked/tested using a multi meter and scan tool to test the signal and view the data info from the switch to see if it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you know what the cost of the switch is - when pressed button is not making a clicking sound like the rest of the buttons (ESP etc) so i am assuming that be that
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay as I was off line this last weekend.

Unfortunately I don't show the cost of this switch with my info on this model here but it shouldn't be more then $30 I would think.You can contact a dealers parts department by phone with your vehicles VIN number to get an exact cost on it.

Thanks Pete