Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 3L Fiat Ducato that has been modified by Winnebago

Customer Question

I have a 3L Fiat Ducato that has been modified by Winnebago to a motorhome.
When travelling in top gear the dash gear shift moves about 10mm as the power is on or comes off. Have had engine mounting and associated struts replaced and shift cables checked. Initial road-test after repairs looked good but after about 50km the old movement commenced. Told it is not serious but planning in November to tour about 3000km and worried about a possible breakdown. ***@******.***
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the engine and transmission mounting has been checked or replaced as well as the shift cable checked and you have slight movement with the shifter itself I would check the shifter mounting on the dash/steering column to see if it is loose or damaged in any way needing replaced or repaired.If the transmission mount was never checked or replaced I would have this inspected to see if there is any damage to it to where it will need replaced.'

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.