Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

Here, Matt. I'm trying to track down information on the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. ***** ***** here, Matt. I'm trying to track down information on the location of the EGR sensor on a 2008 Navara 2.5 diesel
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've replaced the EGR valve, and the engine warning light (code P0409) still comes on
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how do you do payment?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've also gone through as much of the associated wiring harness as possible, and cleaned all electrical contacts with contact cleaner. All I can think of at this stage is that the EGR sensor itself is the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention that I added an EGR blanking plate to the inlet manifold side of the EGR tube. I did that after the P0409 code first appeared. I can get rid of the code by going through the ignition and accelerator pedal procedure, but it ends up re-appearing on the first engine restart after being driven for period of 20 minutes or more.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

the EGR sensor is feedback from the valve itself, most blanking kits just fit the plate to mask the vlave but leave the valve in place so the ECU thinks all is wells- so it sounds like your vlave is probably faulty

your ecu will have a denso chip in it, you can't flash that chip so to get an EGR software complete removal you would have to get the ECU rechipped and written.
another possible solution is the DTE box & egr blank instead for power and mpg.

In your case I would maybe remove EGR Blank, at same time replace with a working but used valve, run a good system cleaner...( i can highly reccomend BG fuel system cleaner, no'244) then refit the EGR blank.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It can't be a faulty EGR valve, as I've just replaced it with a brand new one. The problem didn't go away.I will try removing the blanking plate and see if that makes a difference. Is the EGR operated electronically or by vacuum?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello the EGR is electrically operated on this year

and the position feedback is on the same plug

if removing the blank doesn't help then check over the EGR wirign and connection for any damage or corrosion

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I've been away for the last few days, and haven't had the opportunity to implement your suggestions.It will probably be another 3 days before I get the chance.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

understood

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hi

still need help?

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpfulplease rate my answer.