sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have BF XR6T MKII 07. I had alternator fail the trans went

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have BF XR6T MKII 07. I had alternator fail the trans went into limp mode, gear 3 only. I replaced the alt today, battery charging and elec warning light has gone out. The thing is still in limp mode, but now in gear 2 only. I have re-set the ecu by installing a new tune, twice no change. I have checked earth from battery, no resistance. Any idea? Or know how to turn off limp mode? I'm limited to 40km, it was fine prior alternator fail.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: hrm such as?
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK I can wait how long do you think? around 30? or bit longer?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just checking if Glenn is still answering this one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scan tool shows no faults. On one attempt had "error reding codes" all others no codes found.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the trans is in limp in then either the trans controller has seen an issue, set a fault code and is purposely preventing shifting, or the trans controller isn't awake. Either way there will be fault codes, either stored in the TCM or if the TCM isn't communicating then there will be codes in other modules for lack of TCM communication.

Are you using an actual scan tool and are able to pick TCM from a module menu?