Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

My side mirrors seem to shut when I shut the door and then

Customer Question

my side mirrors seem to shut when I shut the door and then stay shut when I try to drive
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you explain what you mean when you say the side mirrors are shutting, Im not clear on what type of problem you are having. Post back with complete details and will try and help you with this issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I start the engine the mirrors swivel back and don't stay out like they are suppose to. And when I open the door they go out to the position I would want them to be in. When I am driving and then I close my door. Then they go back to being against the car and so I cant use them. I in the end just push them open so I can use the mirror when I am driving.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In most cases to determine the cause you will need to have the BCM (body control module) scanned to see what fault code is setting but one thing you can try is place them in the position you want them in and then try a re-boot of the system, to do this disconnect both battery cables and touch them together for a few seconds . After doing so, reconnect them and retry the mirror operation . In some cases this will resolve the problem.