Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

The name is ***** ***** and I have a 2008 Mitsubishi triton

Customer Question

Customer: Hello , the name is ***** ***** and I have a 2008 Mitsubishi triton manual diesel that has an intermittent start fault, battery is new and alternator is ok, does the key have anything to do with security?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It has no power when the key is turned
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mitsubishi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this is a no crank no start issue to where the engine itself isn't turning over/starter is not engaging to turn over the engine this can be a security/anti theft fault here and the key is one of the theft components.I have seen the key itself fail in the past before and cause this needing replaced as well as the immobilizer/key sensor needing replaced.

What needs to be done here if this has not been done yet is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a scan tool/computer that will plug into your vehicle to see what codes are set in all computers.This will require a scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.