indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics
29331485

I have a 2002 Pajero 3.2did was driving ok although elm was

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2002 Pajero 3.2did was driving ok although elm was on ,fault code showing tips,I thought I ran out of diesel,put20 litres in would not start but blowing heavy white smoke and smelling of diesel,I tried towing it and bleeding but still non start,I have just bought car,elm ,traction control on it has a manual box with about 250000 kms any ideas
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.

If you are blowing lots of white smoke and smells of diesel then the engine is not igniting the fuel

The problem for this could be engine low on engine compression ,(cylinder head gasket failure ?? coolant is brown sigh of gases in the water )

Cam/crank shaft sensor malfunction .you need to hook up a diagnostic scan tool or code reader to confirm if the

cam/crank sensor is the problem ,could also be a bad MAF sensor ..

At 250.000km i've noticed the injection pumps fail at this time .

Tow start the car in 2nd gear and let out the clutch when you get to 30mph if its just compression it will start after about 200 -300 meters. if she starts you have low engine compression ..

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.

IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more",
please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Kind regards Greg.