Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

My bt 50 has just started playing up after atrip it wont

Customer Question

my bt 50 has just started playing up after atrip it wont start and i have to leave it for awhile and it will kickin what do you think matt thanks wayne
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This could be awiring issue as things tend to expand when hot and its possible a poor orpartial electrical connection is being pushed apart on one of the major sensorsso check the connection plug and wiring to the following;

Airflow meter

Crank position sensor

Cam position sensor

O2 sensor

Throttle position sensor

unplug each inturn and use some switch / contact cleaner spray on the pins to ensure its all grease / dirt free

Also worth checking the connections to the fuel pump for the same reason - unplug each in turn and give them a good squirt of switch / contact cleaner - Not WD40

and also unplugand inspect the main power relays and fuses for signs of overheating or corroded terminals - so the ones for the ECU and the fuel pump

And also unplugthe wiring loom connections in the engine bay one at time and inspect for corroded or recessed pins.

If this is all OK then replace the crank sensor

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is splitbetween the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please ratemy answer.