Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have just changed the fuel filter in a 2004 sorento v6 and

Customer Question

I have just changed the fuel filter in a 2004 sorento v6 and it now seems to have air in the fuel line as it will not acelerate well
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looks like problem is fixed a wearn o ring on the fuel pump thankyou
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases if you are getting air in the fuel system the problem is caused by a weak and failing fuel pump. In order to verify if that is the case you need to install a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. Proper fuel pressure on your 2004 needs to be right at 46 to 49 PSI, anything less then 46 would indicate a failing fuel pump. Check this for me and post back and we can work from there if need be.