Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2005 E53 X5 .It started with a dash read out of

Customer Question

Hi Roger, I have a 2005 E53 X5 .It started with a dash read out of "check brake linings"
Brake pads and sensors replaced.
Dash read out remained .
It was suggested to disconnect battery leave disconnected for an hour or so and reconnect to reset OBC . This did reset the dash read out of check brake lining , however in turn now I have no Tv or LCD screen (radio still works )also park assist is no longer working .This happened at the same time as battery disconnection.
I also have an airbag light showing from a door handle replacement from an earlier repair.
I have checked fuses and relays .But may have missed something !
Any ideas?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases low voltage codes or loss of voltage codes may set in some of the vehicles computers which in turn may turn on the lights here or cause certain components to be inoperable.If you have not had the fault codes checked using either a scan tool or computer that will plug into your model and is compatible with your model this needs done.If any codes are set those codes will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.In some cases you may be able to have the codes cleared out/erased and these may correct themselves from there.

If there are no codes or this was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to deal with a Bmw Specialist ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,no problem.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete