Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

My name is darrell and I have aBMW M6 1988 model.Ihave had

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** I have aBMW M6 1988 model.Ihave had it garaged for about 4years with the battery disconnected.Ihave prepared it to be re registered with new fuel and oil including filters but it had no spark Two and a half years ago got an electronic diagnostic guy in and he seemed to trace it bake to the computer shutting down as a result of the long period of no battery power He unplugged and reconnected and it started I have tried the same again but for no result I cannot remember if any code was installed Can you suggest anything which will help me Thanks Darrell
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

You dont mention if the battery is new or not. If not, even though it was disconnected, it may not be good, even it if is showing 12v. You need to also check amperage. Low amperage will cause same issues as low voltage. So first, we need to make sure there is a good battery in it both voltage and amperage wise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have fitted a brand new battery what else can you suggest please darrell
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need your help with this problem darrell
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the new battery has now been tested in my work truck and boat both have started using this battery what do you suggest we try next