Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Roof starts to go up but hear a grinding noise then falls

Customer Question

Roof starts to go up but hear a grinding noise then falls back down
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sound to be a fault with the gears with the hydraulic motor/gear assembly causing this here.What will need to be done from here is to have the pump and gear assembly inspected to locate any stripped or damaged gears that need replaced or repaired to correct this fault.This should be done by a specialist or a dealer as they have the correct tools and knowledge to access these to check this here.I suspect the gear assembly may need replaced and/or motor.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.