Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

I dont know what happend but did you get my message?

Customer Question

Hi I dont know what happend but did you get my message?
Andrew
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a VT commodore and have found that the keyless entry does not work and that when trying to start the car it will not turn over but when turning the fast it will start but only run for 2 seconds and then stop I have replaced the BCM and have found it to have the same problem
Cheers Andrew
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello Andrew

I'd try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery cables and clamping them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together.

This discharges any capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have done what you have suggested but still have he same problem
Cheers Andrew
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello Andrew

are you getting any check engine or other fault lights on?

also this could be a lack of fuel due to a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.