Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Clicking noise under intake manifold car start 4 or 5 times

Customer Question

clicking noise under intake manifold car start 4 or 5 times than cut out does not start for a while after afew hours sweet starts again
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Is the clicking noise towards the front, middle, or rear of intake manifold underneath it

When it is running, is the check engine light on?

Please remember that I am not there to test or inspect it, so I do rely on you to provide as much detail as possible, and when missing, I may need to ask for more information. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hiclicking is in the middle on the bottom of the intake manifold only for about 5 - 10 seconds than engine start.
No check engine light.But after a few starts nothing it turn over but no ignition especially when engine has been running for a while.There seems to be a lot of carbon build up in throttle body and intake manifold.thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I am stumped on this one. I have looked at the schematics over and over and just cannot see what would cause the clicking under the center area of the manifold and cause these symptoms. I am going to open this up to other experts for their opinion